Residential Drain Technician at The Eco Plumbers
Drain Technician Summary
Diagnose and repair drain issues and lead customers to informed and confident buying decisions. Focus on serving, not selling!
Drain Technician Accountabilities
- Drain system
- Knowledgeable on promotions, offers and services we provide. As well as company policies and guarantees.
- Know how to complete all drain cleaning, jetting and cabling.
- Schedule proper camera service on every mainline stoppage within 24 hours. (lead turnover)
- Meet and exceed KPI requirements and understand that criteria.
- Know how to establish customer rapport to provide the right products & service.
- Educate and assist customers on the importance of sewer repair and replacement.
- Help customers select the right maintenance plan and understand warranty information.
- Explain reasons for blockage and illustrate how you will resolve the issue.
- Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
- Work alongside customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
- Protect drain cleaning and camera equipment and keep a well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all training exercises and morning meetings.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure quick, accurate repairs.
- Be accurate and timely with invoices, time cards, curbsides and option sheets.
Drain Technician Required Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of local plumbing codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Clean, safe driving record and background check.
- Personable and professional with a knack for diffusing messy situations.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desire to be a better technician tomorrow than you are today.
- Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team.
- Ability to work outdoors in various climate conditions.
- Perform physical activity with no limitations or restrictions.
Communication & Tasks
- Mandatory Drain Team Meeting Tuesday Mornings 7:45 am
TASK Completion Weekly
- Review time card for accuracy and report discrepancies, Include all sold hour information.
- Debrief with Dispatcher
- Report truck damage, broken equipment and supply shortage to warehouse.
TASK Completion Daily
- Clock in and out accurately
- Complete and return curbside forms, happy card, checks and finance paper in drop box.
- Clean and stock truck
- Submit truck stock tracking sheet to warehouse
“Grow or Die” is a core value at eco and with that comes the opportunity and sometimes requirement to travel for training. Employees must have the ability to attend out of state training courses to meet your required certifications.
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Service System Certified (Drain)
- OSHA Safety
- Whale Done!
- 90 Day probationary period – NO absences, tardies or early dismissals unapproved
- Completion of 90 days – Benefits start (See handbook for benefits details)
- Routine One on One with Manager (rotational)
- One year to complete Drain System Certification
- Yearly review (401K starts)
Hours and Compensation
- Typical workweek is eight (8) to (10) hour days, five (5) days per week, with regular weekend or evening work per rotational on call schedule.
- During peak times and seasonal extreme weather-related events, position may require long hours.
- Each Tech is responsible for their own re-calls during any working day no matter the time.
- Start time daily at 7:00 am (not prior) Lunch is 30 min and auto-docs from timecard daily.
|Job Category||Drain Technician|